Wednesday, August 1, 2012

neighbor friends

 Our next door neighbors are from India and they just had a baby girl. With the arrival of this precious baby, the mother's parents came to visit and help.
 I was so happy that a sweet little newborn would be next door so that I could love on her and get my baby fix in, but then they gave us news that they are moving into a larger flat in the other building in our complex...boo! While we still can get together, its just not as easy as walking 5 feet down the hall and ta da. But we are happy for them!
 We had then and their parents over for dinner one night and we cooked American fare and asked them to cook an indian dish but mild heat for our weak american taste buds. They just laugh at us in our intolerance for chili. It was a lot of fun and we cooked some bbq chicken, a gnochi dish, salad, and some baked sweet potato and pumpkin (ok so the pumpkin is aussie). They brought over a chicken and rice dish that I dont know how to say and a plain yogurt type salad to go with it to help with the heat if it was too strong. I loved their chicken and rice and it was mild enough I didnt need the yogurt salad. Yay!
While the grandparents were here, EJ actually took a huge and I mean HUGE liking to the new grandfather. He made him play soccer in both of our flats and catch and all manner of young boy, older man activities. He didnt mind the language barrier (the grandfather could speak a bit of English but his accent was very thick and hard to understand at times) and just liked having that attention that only a grandfather figure can provide. I was in heaven because EJ often misses out on any of that sort of interaction and so I didnt try to hinder it all.

Their new little baby is lovely and so gorgeous. SHe has an absolutely full head of thick glossy black hair and like I said I am glad she is around to let me love on.

No comments:

Post a Comment