Sunday, February 10, 2013

back on the bandwagon

So I don't have much for you all today. But I know that I need to start blogging regularly again, otherwise I will just fade out. Which would be sad because then it would be hard for family and friends to keep up with us and I wouldn't be able to print out our blog and have our family scrapbook so easily accessible.

Currently our little family is on a big adventure in the Rainbow state of Hawaii. There has been lots of moon family tales to tell since the last time I posted. Since we are in Hawaii I have no access to our pictures from the last two months I will just try to get into updating what we are up to now and upon our arrival back home do highlights from around October on to now that way everything is documented and everyone can be in the loop.

With it being the summer in Oz we have spent lots of time outside in the water and have made extra effort to spend more time at the beach this year. Christmas was so fun and EJ really got into the magic of Christmas making it the most fun one yet with him. Mr. Moon received skydiving tickets from me and that brought on adventure for us all.

New years was quiet and then Mr. Moon set off a few days later to Hawaii. EJ and I joined him a few weeks later and we have been enjoying the escape from the heat, the lower prices and the blessings of having a military base at our disposal. My parents and family friends came and we had the fun of enjoying their company for a week and this next week Mr. Moon's parents are coming for his graduation from the NCO (Non Commissioned Officer) Academy and some vacation time.

Then its back to Oz to welcome some more Moon's for our first family visit since living down under. We can't wait!

This year will go by super fast for us I think. It's the year of company, the year of finding out our next assignment in the military, our last year in Oz. Being here in Hawaii I have realized just how many things I miss from living in the states, but also how many incredible things I am going to miss of Australia, a piece of my heart will always belong there even with all the rough stuff.

So folks, here's to updating more. Getting pics up when we get access to them, and to updating less on facebook. To me it's so hard to update everywhere, it seems to be one or the other for me. More people seem to see things on facebook, but I can't get as detailed-print as easy-and I can easily update here and still see what my friends are up to on facebook. Problem is to stop taking so many phone pics and more with our actual camera.

Basically this year is back on track with blogging. I don't know how often, but it will for sure be more consistent. We did get a new computer afterall that is so much easier and nicer to work with than our tiny netbook that got the job done but was so little it got frustrating.

Cheers mates, see ya real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment