Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Flying Foxes

So you ahve heard me talk about the 'flying fox' playground equipment that Australia has at some of the parks. Those are like mini zip lines that are really fun.

Well a reall flying fox is an animal, what we would call a 'bat'. And here they are HUGE! Really you can not really capture the size in a photo properly, you would just have to see it in person. But they are prevelant here and so cool to watch at night. It feels like we live in Gotham city and batman should come zooming out of nowhere any minute. Watching the flying foxes are a favorite evening activity.

 well one morning while at a park ( I know you are probably sick of hearing about us being at parks, but its almost an every day activity and its just a part of our life here), we saw them all settling in for their daytime sleep. It was so fun to watch!
 THere was so many of them in these trees that were clumped together and I could help myself snapping a few shots.
Some of these small things are things I wish I could bottle up forever and never have the memories dull as life moves forward and we move elsewhere. So I am trying to make a more concerned effort to record these small but incredible things. I already wish that somehow I could record the bird sounds here, especially a kookaburra which sounds like a crazy monkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment