Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Beach days

We had the fortune of spending some beautiful days on the beach. These first pics are from a morning spent on Waikiki. Grandma and Erik spent some quality time playing in the sand.


 That day we also rented a large tricycle looking thing that floated and everyone took turns out on the ocean with it. When Erik, Theresa and I had a go, we actually saw a wild sea turtle, it was so cool. And it was within just a few feet of us. Definitely a highlight of the trip for me.

Below was a different day. After Marcus and Theresa and Cindy had gone back to the mainland, my parents stayed for a few extra days. We spent those days at the base and it was so much fun. What am I saying this whole trip was fun! We spent an afternoon at the base beach which is nice because although it catches some crowds, it is nice and peaceful away from heaps of tourists.

 We rented some Kayaks and went around the bay.


 Then we got some grub and well.....you can see my Dad's true colors coming out!
 Oh there we go...
 Cutie pie
 And us ladies!


So much bliss. Almost makes me ready for beach season here in Oz....but not quite because that means I pack around at least double if not more gear everywhere we go to make sure everyone stays hydrated, free from sunburn, dry, fed, etc. In the warm months here I carry heaps of extra weight. Not too mention the sand is fun at the beach but gets old at home. And if only I had a little room to just put all our summer gear, it just gets shoved around and hangs off everything drying. A lovely mudroom, or something would be great! Dreams....

No comments:

Post a Comment