Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Preschool at Home

 
 I have been teaching Erik preschool stuff at home this year. To send him away to preschool (or Kindy/Kindergarten as they call it here) is ridiculously expensive plus its just not necessary. I know it's so common place in todays world but not needed. While I definitely have my days where I would love to be able to drop him off for a couple of hours for the benefit of both of us, I have come to get used to teaching him at home and coming up with fun things. And we do so many other social things, he is balanced just fine.

This day we worked on fine motor skills and put dry spaghetti into homemade playdough and it was extra special because I got a small box of fruit loops and let him put them on the noodles and of course snack on a few. It was a major hit.
 There are numerous websites that have so many amazing printables and great ideas for preschool and other home school grades out there. I use those sometimes and this day we worked on gluing fun pieces onto a superhero.
 I also started writing in a journal with him. I write whatever he wants and he draws a picture. Behind him you can see a board, its a day of the week and calendar/season/weather board that are not perfect at updating but he really likes it. He now knows that days of the week by their assigned color. So he knows the order of the colors but doesn't always know the name. Its funny, he also knows that if Daddy is in town that he will get to be home on purple day (Saturday) and he LOVES purple day for that reason.


No comments:

Post a Comment