Wednesday, August 21, 2013

We do live a "normal" life....really

While this year truly has been the year of travel for our family....and we are not finished. We do live a pretty normal (well for a military family) life. Here is some evidence of that...
 
A sweet little face in a funny winter hat, that he loves because it has a little pocket that he can hide a gold coin (worth one or two dollars) in.
 One lazy day, when we pretty much did nothing majorly productive but enjoyed time together as a family. Erik stayed in his pj's and Lin and I had been watching tv, I went in my room to see what Erik was up to, and he was listening to music on the ipod. He is such a little adult sometimes. You can see he had been playing with his airplanes and destroyed the bedding but was thoroughly enjoying his tunes.

 Then we decided to try our hand at frozen hot chocolate. Erik loves loves loves to help in the kitchen. I have control issues though and I am trying to curb that and let him help more. He often requests to make muffins, or something that we bake.

 He really doesn't like loud noises at the moment. I guess the ninja doing its job was just too much for him.
Mmmm, those were yummy and sometimes those low key days are so soothing. Today for example, Erik got dressed but I didn't. I have put up a fort for him and read to him and am trying to get over a case of the grumpies. I told Erik last night when I put him to bed a certain code phrase, or question rather to ask me today when he thought I was being a bit mean to help remind me to change my attitude. I sadly admit, he has used that code question about 4 times. Sad, but true, I am trying and I am so glad that I have a little boy who is so much more patient with me than I with him. I am so blessed to have him around. It will be so sad next year when he starts school. I am glad that he has been such a good reminder boy for me today. I definitely need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment