Sunday, September 2, 2012

Headlining

So I am so far behind on our lives. I apologize. I feel like things are in constant motion and transition in our home. I am constantly trying to find a balance of it all. I am getting better but sitting at blogging doesnt seem to happen as much as I would like. I should just pick a specific time each week that doesnt change and then maybe I would be more regular in my postings. Erik recently quit doing his quiet times in his room on his own and it has left me with next to no time to myself during the day. Now I try to do quiet or calm activities in the afternoon for a bit just to get him to wind down but he is full speed ahead! And that my friends is why there have been less postings, trying to do it all...failing...and ultimately being ok with it...I can only do so much.

Back in July made it into a local newspaper...The Queensland Times. It was an article that came out on the fourth of July and it was quite fun. He got a bit of flack at work because we also made it on the news upon first arriving just by coincidence when we were walking downtown in one of the main shopping areas and the local news was asking people about cost of parking downtown and public transit type things.
 Hopefully these pictures are clear enough for everyone to read...they are from my phone.
 and yes this one is sideways. I thought I could switch it once on the post but I guessed wrong :(


Funny thing is a week or so later, Erik and I were downtown again at the state library where they always have some exhibit in the childrens corner that changes a few times a year. We hadnt been in a while and so went to check it out and there was a film crew there trying to interview parents about why they take their children there and the importance of literacy and such. I am not one for cameras so I wasnt thrilled to be interviewed but there were no other parents and children there when we went and got caught. I dont know yet if they are using any of my footage, it is to go up on the site soon. We shall see...

Our fourth was very uneventful. Lindsay was supposed to fly so we didnt make any plans, then he ended up being home for dinner afterall (he still went to work that day-it is a bit odd to work on our american holidays-even though its totally logical that we would while living here), then we had a bbq that weekend with another American family but it was without a bunch of fan fair. We did buy Root Beer for the special occassion and had floats-which are called spiders here. Random thought-I just had another Root Beer last week as a special treat. There is a shop in a mall close by that sells cans individually, and since I dont have it regularly it tasted a bit weird to me. I was starting to see how foreigners think it tastes like medicine. Call me crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment