Saturday, September 22, 2012

Rocks Riverside

Mr. Moon traveled a lot in the last couple months which gave EJ and I extra time (and the car) to go spend some time in fun places. So we went to yet another park. This one we have been to a fair bit, but it's a good one for a nice warm day.

 There is a small lazy river with some pools near the top, normal playground area, a flying fox, a wading pool, bbqs and soon you will see an area where I think they are building something fantastic!
 EJ making his way to the top of the 'river'
 There is a bike path that winds up and down and around that seems like a blast. Every time we head there I always wish I had remembered to bring Ej's scooter for him but am usually preoccupied making sure I have all the sun and water gear.
 This is the area that they are building, it looks like it will be a bunch of different rock climbing style equipment. I hope it doesnt take too long too finish, so fun! We really are so spoiled here with fun places to play.
 Ej's classic head tilt that he does when you want to take a picture of him.

 walking along the top where the water comes out.
 And althought it was a warm day, it was just cool enough and with the unheated water, he had to take breaks and sit on the side to warm up. Smart cookie!

 the wading pool
 Another really cool feature at this park is this swing. It's for people who are wheelchair bound. They can ride their chair onto this and it will lock their chair on and then they can swing!
And it was the perfect day for the ice cream truck to park itself right near the entrance. We certainly partook of it's yumminess and enjoyed a sweet treat before heading home.

It is the time of year now where I start seeing all the fall decorations and cold weather things appear on everyone else's blogs. And it will bring a twinge of jealousy because fall had started becoming my favorite time of year before moving to Australia and then all the holidays ramp up and I miss my family. And as our weather here heats up you will see us in more water and beach things...so maybe it balances out? I missed out on all the Fourth of July festivities and fun summer back home so now it's my turn to play. It's a good thing I have friends here to help keep homesickness at bay! I am doing pretty good right now with that and it helps that we have a trip after the new year to meet up with family and have some visitors coming next year .... so much to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment