Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Uh! Spaghetti Oh!

I was so angry when I took this picture. But this picture says a thousand words and I just had to record this for future years when it's a funny story.

We have really been trying to reign in screen time with Ej, and often it's the first privilege to go when he makes bad choices. I have a love/hate relationship with that privilege because it's a great way to keep him entertained during key times like when I shower or make dinner and yet sometimes I want to just cut it out for good. Well on this particular day he had lost his privilege the previous day to have any screen time. Thus on this morning I had to trust that he would play well while I showered and got dressed. Ej has gotten so much better about self entertaining but he has also is in a phase where curiousity kills him and he is always poking his nose into the pantry and drawers and whatever. So while I was showering I had one of those mother's instincts that he was into something so I called him into my bathroom. I asked him what he was doing and nothing seemed to off (although after the fact, i thought about he walked in with his hands behind his back, but when I had him put them out they seemed fine).

Well I dismissed him and didnt think too much about it. But as soon as I got out I went to go find him. So I was in my towel and found him on the balcony with finger paint all over....the table...the chairs....the floor (luckily its tile out there)...and himself. My first reaction was anger, but I knew it was funny, so I snapped this picture. You can tell I had already scolded him because he wouldn't look up and was quite sad. I honestly think he didnt see the harm in emptying 1.5 bottles of the paint around. He was just having a good time. I already can look back on it with much lighter feelings but I was pretty upset that morning.

2 comments:

  1. i just want to know if you were able to get all the green off everywhere! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it mostly off. I got it off fine from the floor, seat, and him, and clothes, but the table still has some marks. I could get most of it, but if you look you can see where it was a bit.

      Delete